Monday, March 10, 2014

What a difference a week makes....

I'm so happy to share that the terrible spine/ bone pain has not returned. Ever since chemo last Wednesday I have been fine and so have not had to use any percocets. I'm actually in awe of those hers2 blocker drugs and how immediate they worked! My breathing has also improved and my shortness of breath almost resolved. My system took a few days to work those percs out (including, no lying, double doses of Miralax, Metamucil, 1 bottle of Mag Citrate, and no less then 3 enimas- ewww!) but I'm finally back to semi-normal.

I am dealing with bad reflux which is a very typical side effect of the chemo I'm on, but I will have the doctor Rx something to help (I'll take reflux over the others any day). I have to admit and would be lying if I didn't say, I'm nervous to lose my hair again.... but I got through before and I'll get through again. There might be a chance it will just thin, so we'll see. It would not start to happen until after the next chemo dose.

So the plan is to keep on living, taking it one day at a time, being grateful for small (and big) miracles and continue to pray for these chemo drugs to do their magic. It is not the path I had invisioned for me or my family, but it's the one we've been dealt and so will make the best of it. My, our, goal is trying to carry on and keep things as normal as possible - cause really what's the alternative? Worrying, being sad, not getting out of bed is not really living at all. All we can do is Just Keep Swimming!

As always, THANK YOU for your concern, thoughts, well wishes, and prayers.... I'm so humbled by your kindness....


3 comments:

  1. I have a little sayings calendar on my desk. This is what it says for today: "Of all your lives, do you know which ones you'll look back on with the fondest memories, the most pride, and the widest grin? The ones where in spite of challenges, no matter how daunting, difficult, or painful, you pressed on." Just keep swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! Yay HER2 blockers yay!! All are concerned and praying at work. Please do let us know what we can do. Love u lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news, Kellie! The drugs we have available to us are truly miraculous. Real heroes...those who had the smarts to figure these things out. Praying the path, although not chosen by you, turns out to be fairly smooth and you run into many unexpected blessings along the way :)

    ReplyDelete