Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Even better.

Another week has passed and the pain is still gone! I do ache in my spine and legs a bit (esp. later in the day or after standing) but nothing like before! (and nothing a little Motrin can't help). I'm feeling very good otherwise, just tired. I wish I could strap my running sneakers on and go for one of my famous runs, but I'm afraid I would only make it to the end of the block. I did go for a walk last week (2 miles) and went to yoga but was exhausted after both. Maybe after the next treatment I'll get another miracle boost.

My bad reflux turned out to be thrush, ewww, I know TMI, but it's common with chemo. Dr. Fellin Rx dyflucan and it instantly resolved- yay for Dr. Fellin (he is so wonderful). We've also tapered and d/c my Prednisone as my breathing is much better.

Since I'm feeling much better I'm working. I'm fortunate to be able to work easily from anywhere! Online, e-mail, texting- I'm always connected to my students and co-workers! Working is important to me, first because I love what I do, and second it keeps my mind busy... otherwise it wanders to places I'd rather not go right now. So, still Just Swimming!

We've been so fortunate to have many delicious meals delivered to us this week - your generosity is amazing and we so appreciate it (The treats too!).

Thank you for everyone for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers, my heart swells with love for all of you!

Love, Kellie

"Never let the sadness of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present"

2 comments:

  1. Kellie, you are a truly an amazing woman, I just read your blog with tear running down my face. The journey you are on just shows how incredibly strong you really are! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Nicole Karolinski Glynos

    ReplyDelete
  2. my hero <3
    Keep swimming girl!
    You truly are an inspiration to us all!
    So glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete