Thursday, March 6, 2014

Treatment plan….

Although I had a very long day yesterday ( I was at Jeff from 9- 3:45), I'm happy to have a plan (and chemo) started. Dr. Fellin has prescribed chemotherapy every 3 weeks- Herceptin (Hers2 blocker); Perjeta (Hers2 blocker); and Taxatere (regular yucky chemo). Then after a couple of cycles, to add Zometa IV to assist with the bone mets. We'll re-evaluate the taxatere in a few months (maybe give me a break if possible)… but most likely will always be on some form of Hers2 blocker, but these chemo drugs do not cause the annoying side effects as the others. However, with taxatere, I will have the fatigue, funny taste, toxic feeling days 2-4, and hair loss but maybe to a lesser degree as it's only one chemo drug (vs. 2 like last time).

I was still having the terrible bone pain as of yesterday, but once I got home and laid in bed was amazed that it actually let up! I don't know if it is psychosomatic or the chemo working already but I'll take it anyway. I was living dose-to-dose with my percocets and didn't even feel like I needed one last night or this morning, took it anyway as sometimes the pain rebounds worse, but it's promising that it has gotten better (this is what we were really hoping/ praying for).

I have a wonderful healthcare team, and feel comfortable and well looked after at Jeff. My infusion nurse is a current MSN student of mine so she took extra good care of me. So now it's just continue with chemo, watch for improved symptoms, and re-evaluate after a few cycles.

We are so grateful for your prayers, support and well wishes… when asked if I have a support system at home I tell my healthcare team the best there every was! You all know I do not do well with accepting help (losing control), I need to work on that, but am grateful for every request to help, for every card, note, text, e-mail… it's amazing to feel so loved. And I love everyone of you so very much!

"One day she finally grasped that unexpected things were always going to happen in life. And with that she realized the only control she had was how she chose to handle them. So, she made the decision to survive using courage, humor, and grace. She was the Queen of her own life and the choice was hers".




2 comments:

  1. Your amazing! Graceful, beautiful and courageous! Thank you for the update - rest - we all love you and we are helping whether you like it or not! :)~ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one strong sister! And you are super loved by all.

    ReplyDelete