Friday, October 3, 2014

knew it would….

I guess I'll just begin where you all need updates. Yes, I did have a headache that sent me to the ED last week, I couldn't wait it out for my scheduled STAT MRI Tuesday. I just progressed to unbearable headache pain , then with only a 7 hour ED wait, I was admitted Friday night, had a CAT scan and subsequent MRI - both showed what suspected- Brain Mets, non operable as they are small and scattered. Good news is that they are not blocking blood flow, just giving me a wicked  migraine, and oh so tired. Plan is for daily radiation to my head for 10 days, consult with Neuro Onc to see if i'm a candidate for intrathecal chemo (directly to the brain). As Herceptin does not pass the blood-brain barrier. Ill also have a spinal MRI (all ) three sections) to see that's going on there, then if approved another PET and maybe a spinal tap. Continue with Hersceptin, Perjeta, and Zometa my full-time job will be this for a while. Still waiting to see how I make out with the head radiation, some say I will gain some of my suburb functioning back- or at least my stubbornness so I can work but we'll see. The one positive thing is I don't even feel like working now, so no worries there.

I'm again so humbled by your outpouring of support, and feel a little frustrated I can't' respond back to everyone of you. But please now that I have gotten each of your well wishes and prayers, kind notes and thoughts for concern. It means so much to me and my family to know there are so many on our team.

I've always said this but can not stress it enough, live for each moment, cherish your health, be nice to each other, life is precious and short, enjoy the little things for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Love, peace, friendship,
Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment