Sunday, March 29, 2015

Couldn't even procrastinate when I tried! (Living in ignorant bliss - ummm must not be for me.)

So just 4 days after postponing my MRI I started with headaches- yes "those" type of headaches... I knew what they were, my oncologist knew what they were and the brain MRI confirmed it- the lesions were there...Some a little bigger… some new… some gone. So I saw the radiation oncologist and Neuro oncologist and have a new tx plan.

I'm getting full brain radiation again .. start tomorrow for 10 treatments... Then intrathecal Hercepton (direct to the brain chemo), First delivered via spinal tap then a catheter to to brain (once my brain "settles") which I'll get every week... I actually feel great and glad it was caught early enough... Dr Fellin prescribed decadron (steroid) right away and that has helped with the swelling so thankfully no headaches! (Just eating).

I've always just wanted the intrathecal hercepton as I think that is the only tx that has a chance of working longer term with minimal side effects. This is the last time I can get whole brain radiation so moving onto brain herceptin makes sense! I'll still also need the IV version for my body, but maybe if the intrathecal Herceptin works, I'll stop the PO chemo drugs.....

So I'm still swimming, hold faith tight, am grateful for your love, support and prayers. I do have Faith that everything is going to turn out the way its supposed to be. I know you want to ask what do I need .., and it means a lot... But we are good right now... The one thing that you can do or be ready for is be a listener - whether your daughter or son is a good friend of the kids, or your a good friend of Jason or my parents or family... Be available, willing, and encouraging to let them talk... And show them how much you love them.

I have to admit that I love your blog comments more then I thought I would... It gives me comfort and makes me smile... The issue is how hard it is to post ... I think you need to sign up for a gmail account to post- maybe someone who has figured it out can post directions !

Here is a favorite passage from a book that has helped me to cope...called To Heaven and Back.. By Mary C Neal, If you are suffering loss, or ever had, I highly recommend this intelligent look at Faith.

So make your "string" contributions wonderful and be kind to each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment