Friday, August 1, 2014

The best therapy… chocolate, puppies and laughing with friends!


Dear friends, I’m still feeling terrific! And I’m still astonished that 125 of you are still following my blog! It started as a way to keep family and friends updated with what was going on and turned into a sort of therapy for me. However, these past few weeks bought the best therapies- chocolate, puppies and laughing with friends! Despite feeling well, both physically and mentally, I understandably have my occasional moments. A family trip to Hershey Park with the kids was wonderful (thanks to my work friends)! We had a terrific time (and got to eat chocolate!). Then my BFF invited the kids and I to visit with her sister’s dog’s 10 new 5-week old puppies! Oh my they were adorable- something about the innocence of 10 puppies- both the kids and I couldn’t get enough! Sometimes it’s truly the little things in life that reaffirms how awesome life is. Lastly, a very good friend set up a girl’s night out, to simply paint pottery. Again, this simple task, along with some drinks and laughs, was the perfect medicine.- I’m still smiling!  

I had my tx with Herceptin and Perjecta Wednesday, met with Dr. Fellin and all is well. Labs came back normal. We are just keeping a close eye on my breathing and lungs as he heard a little fluid in the right side, nothing new though so we’ll just monitor. I’m able to walk everyday without getting short of breath so I will soldier on. I’m looking forward to vacation down the shore (Sea Isle City) with the family, always a highlight of the year for me and the kids… something about the smell of the salt air, the sand between my toes, and the warm sun on my face (oh and of course Yum Yum ice cream in my belly!).

Thanks for your continued kind words, love and prayers. I'm so grateful for each and every one of you! 

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are, it solely relies on what you think. ~Buddha


No comments:

Post a Comment